For those of you that are experiencing issues downloading apps from the Play Store on the Eken T01 (‘this device is not compatible’..), Eken are fully aware of such issues and have promised a firmware update hopefully next week. In the meantime we have a workaround.
1. Firstly download and save the following files to your pc:
2. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your tablet (in settings/developer options)
3. Now plug your Eken T01 into your tablet via the supplied usb cable. Your PC will likely prompt you to install the drivers, see the USB drivers in the zip file in the second link in step1. Once you have installed the drivers your PC should successfully recognise the device (even in USB Debugging mode)
4. Run ‘GoogleUpgrade.bat’ on your PC within T01-playstore-enabler. Follow the instructions. Make sure no errors occur, if you see ‘device not found’ then the USB drivers have not installed correctly.
5. Once the batch file is finished your tablet should reboot, after which you should have full playstore access including youtube/iplayer etc.